23 June 2009

Eyes and Ears


I'm currently working on some blog topics but, while I do that, I thought I'd share my current summer reading and listening lists. If you have the time, please let me know what you are reading and/or listening to for the summer.....
My Booky Wook - Russell Brand-One of the best memoirs I've ever read - funny, crazy, honest http://www.russellbrand.tv/
The Midwife's Tale - Gretchen Moran Laskas
Skin Trade - Laurell K. Hamilton
The Good Guy - Dean Koontz
Laurel Canyon, An Inside Look at Rock and Roll's Legendary Neighborhood - Michael Walker


John Lee Hooker - Graveyard Blues
Joni Mitchell - Blue
Duffy - Rockferry
Gathering Field - So Close to Home
Etta James - Let's Roll





2 comments:

  1. Anonymous24 June, 2009

    Ahh - summer drinks! I'm not much of a drinker by nature but I do enjoy summer drinking. I have a few favorites that I actually enjoy - right now I'm trying all different types of martinis - the fruitier the better. I'm also into Mojitos. I love them!!! Unfortunately, it only takes about 2 of them to have an affect on me but that's ok - there's nothing better than enjoying a cocktail with friends & famiy with good music & sunshine!!! I also love Sangria. Got hooked on that in FL at one of our favorite restaurants. Really love it!!! I'll have to give Diana's recipes a try.

    I am an avid reader as well - right now I'm reading The Story Sisters by Alice Hoffman & also A Thread of Truth by Marie Bostwick (yes, two books at one time) - one at home & one at work (during lunch of course). Both are family-oriented books but I tend to read just about everything. I just finished James Patterson's Against Medical Advice (non-fiction about Tourette's). Good story about courage & amazing strength in the face of such adversity. I also have on the back-burner Dean Koontz' Relentless (big fan of his sense of weirdness). Thinking of getting a Kindle but I still love the smell & feel of books - can't beat it!

    J-Bird

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous24 June, 2009

    My music this summer has been leaning towards country of all things - don't know why. I love all music but I seem to be drifting towards that on my radio on the way home from work. I hear a song I like & download it to my I-Touch. I've been very sentimental lately - think being a new grandmother has something to do with it & as we all know - country songs usually tell a story. I can't pinpoint any particular song I'm hooked on - just love it all - have to have music on.

    J-Bird

    ReplyDelete