14 July 2009

Art & Me or (I Wish I Could Paint)

I received a museum catalog in the mail the other day and as I was browsing through I found myself wishing I could paint, draw, sketch, etc. My brothers are all talented artists , but I can barely draw a stick figure. I amuse myself by going onto Paint sometimes and pretending I'm an abstract artist (draw some lines and fill in with color)! I have ideas but I don't think they'll ever get to canvas. So, I will content myself with enjoying the work of others. I've added a slide show below of some of my favorite art and artists. The art that I love is the same as the music I love, all over the place, but my favorites are the Pre-Raphaelites.

Whose art do you love? If you have the time, let me know so I can take a look...Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous22 July, 2009

    HAHA - right with you on the stick figures sis! Totally not blessed with the talent our brothers possess! But I believe our talents lie elsewhere. For example, your talent is obviously putting pen to paper & making words flow effortlessly. To be able to have people read your words & enjoy them is a wonderful talent. I believe my talent lies in cooking. I think a wonderful dish can be a remarkable work of art. So when you think about it - art just isn't paint & clay - it comes in all forms (cooking, landscaping, etc.) We all have it - sometimes it's just harder to find & "see".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks J-Bird, as usual you are right on the mark!

    ReplyDelete