16 October 2009

Phipps Conservatory

I spent the day on Friday with my sister and a friend walking through the Phipps Conservatory and Public Gardens in Oakland. I hadn't been there in years and my sister and friend had never been. Our reason for visiting was the exhibit of glass work by Hans Godo Frabel interspersed throughout the many rooms in the Victorian glass house. It was a pleasant afternoon, spent with lovely company in a very serene setting. I've added a slideshow of photos taken during our afternoon stroll through the conservatory. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Di, Your pics are incredible! They look so professional, what a great "art eye" See you soon.

    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pix - looks like a fun day!

    J-Bird

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely awesome! I love all the many types, shapes and colors. This is one terrific artist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ash, J-Bird and David for the nice comments :) Was a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! We did have a good time, didn't we?

    ReplyDelete