28 October 2009

The WISH List

I was talking to a friend a few days ago about things we would wish to do if given the opportunity of time, money and imagination. Now, the wishes for family and love are always a given. We were talking about wishes just for ourselves, things we would wish for if all was right with the world. Things that might seem silly to others, but would provide great joy for ourselves. My wishes are numerous so I will include some of my favorites only.

I WISH I:
Could sit on a Tuscan hillside and watch the sun come up behind olive trees
Could watch Jimmy Page's long fingers dance across guitar strings (in person).
Could travel the world for a year.
Could hold an umbrella over my sister's head again because her arm hurt too much to hold it.
Could finish my book and have it published.
Could find the magical black and white shoes I've been looking for (J-Bird will understand this one).
Could paint and sing.
Could have a piece of music written about me.
Could own a Gibson Black Beauty.
Could sail the Mediterranean.
Could own an adobe house in Santa Fe.
Could own a restaurant and cook there only when I felt like it. And those would be the nights that EVERYONE showed up.
Could stand on the streets where my grandparents were born.

So, these are just a few "me" wishes that I would like for myself. Now, tell me just one of yours. Don't be shy, I know you have at least one wish that doesn't involve anyone but yourself. I would enjoy hearing them :)

12 comments:

  1. two things strike me straightaway. the movie Chocolate'. the other is the passage re/your sister and the umbrella. i came the closest to tears that i have in a long time. I COULD SEE IT!! your words are evocotive of Anne Rice. she brought things to life. YOU have this same gift. finish the book...don't waste this wonderful talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Wish List. Very well done. Makes me think of so many things. And your wishes are just the greatest.

    I guess my wish is that I could get all the people that I love in one place, like an open field and mingle and express to them my love.

    David

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Gina for the "teary" comments :) and David as always, much appreciated. Thank you both for reading.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana,

    So many similarities to your list (Tuscany, book, Mediterrian, and grandparents) and David's was similar to my favorite wish except that I would have all of my loved ones alive and passed at a huge Thanksgiving table - heaven on earth. I would also like just one more day with my brother.

    Jeannne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post. I will retweet it. :) As for myself, I wish my parents live long enough so they could see me bride as I know how much they want this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you ever felt invisible - sitting in the rain - no one noticing you - cold - feeling so small - so quiet and a breeze blows your way - and you know - just know - there is someone sitting right beside you - they have never left - sheltering you - keeping you warm - protecting you - joined at the hip. Not saying a word - blindness in the dark - and you ache but you don't want to complain - no one really wants to hear - they have their own. When you were young they hold your hand and when you get old - they hold your heart. And when you sit in the rain they take the umbrella. Love you sis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monica-Thank you so much for sharing your thought. Very much appreciated :)

    Sister "C" - speechless and thankful for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could live half the adventures I record in my dreamscapes... Cryptic , to be sure, but Diana knows where I am coming from ;)faceonmars

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Brad for comment and follow-up. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I WISH I COULD ALWAYS HAVE MY FAMILY TOGETHER - MY ULTIMATE DREAM - SUNDAY DINNERS UNDER ONE ROOF WITH A BUNCH OF GRANDCHILDREN UNDER MY FEET IN THE KITCHEN - LAUGHTER ALL AROUND - MAYBE SOMEDAY.

    P.S. - STILL LOOKING FOR THE BLACK & WHITE SHOES

    J-BIRD

    ReplyDelete
  11. J-Bird.

    That's all I want for my birthday - the Jimmy Page shoes!!! A must have for my old age :-)

    ReplyDelete