17 November 2009

November Eyes and Ears


Another short list of reading and listening for this month. I haven't yet settled into cold weather mode which normally requires much more stay-at-home activities. As always, if you have any of your own suggestions for books, music, movies, please send them along to me. I welcome them!

Listening:
THEM CROOKED VULTURES - Self-titled debut album. I have been waiting for this one all year and it was well worth the wait.

Reading:
A PAINTED FIELD - Robin Robertson
OPENED GROUND - Seamus Heaney
LED ZEPPELIN (Shadows Taller Than Our Souls) - Charles R. Cross

Watching:
THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES
GREY GARDENS
DEEP PURPLE - LIVE IN CALIFORNIA 1974

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing.... I have been watching ?listening to 2 of your list often: "Them Crooked Vultures" and a Deep Purple DVD, but from Montreaux..... also heavy on the radar recently have been: Weezer "Raditude".....NIN "Slip"....Charlotte Gainsbourg "5:55".... any Alkaline Trio and Promise Ring.... and still one of my cd's of the year Avett Bros... "I and Love and You"... i've been reading the book... "The Girl w/ the Dragon Tatoo",by Stieg Larson.... and if it comes to your town see the play... "Hunter Gatherers",described in a local review as "Virginia Woolf meets Friends meets trueBlood.... awesome tom killeen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom,
    Very cool that we'er on the same page with Them Crooked Vultures and Deep Purple! And I did pickup the Avett Bros when you mentioned them the last time. Thanks again for all the other suggestions....you know I listen up :)

    ReplyDelete