28 December 2009

The Very Best Intentions

Yesterday a friend from Amsterdam asked me what my intentions were for the new year. I took his question as meaning the resolutions we all try to make every year. Another friend made a comment about how so much that we plan is often "next week, next year, later, another day". Things planned but very often not completed. I never make resolutions, simply because I don't like disappointing myself or making promises I can't keep.

However, this year I've decided to make three promises to myself. Nothing earth-shattering, nothing that will require herculean efforts, nothing that will save the world. Just three things that I will complete in the new year.

  • I will finish THE BOOK. It may never be published but it will be completed by the end of next year.
  • I will travel to Santa Fe to discover if this is the home that is calling my name.
  • I will learn to sculpt in copper. This is now a must as I've promised the first piece to my poetic friend in Portugal.

See, very easy. Now, your turn. Tell me three things you WILL do in the new year. I'm hoping it's a wonderful one for all of us. Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. 1) i will begin pleasing myself instead of others.
    2) i will live my life FOR ME.
    3) i will stop being afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one will take some thought - I'm not good at keeping resolutions or promises to myself - let me get back to you :)

    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) I will read more my soul needs it.
    2) I will listen to music more my soul needs this even more.
    3. I will show as much love to every living thing as I can.

    David

    ReplyDelete