04 March 2010

One Birthday, Two

This post is for my friend Sharon in Western Australia.  Sharon and I have become friends through Twitter and it was by chance that we met through another friend, in New Zealand no less.

Sharon and I have talked and emailed frequently and just discovered a few days ago that we share a birthday.  Serendipity. Sharon told me once that she reads my words at night when she wants to get away from the everyday things.  Her comment made me cry and endeared her to me forever.  On paper, our lives are very different, but we have developed a commonality despite the differences. We've connected across miles.  I believe we are all set down in the paths of others for good reasons and we should pay attention when it happens.

Since Sharon is thirteen hours ahead of me, she will see our birthday before I will.  But no matter, it is still something we will share always.  And so, Happy Birthday my dear friend Sharon.  Wishing you a day of happiness and peace, along with some fun.  I'm blessed to have met you :-)

"The ornaments of a house are the friends who frequent it."
                           Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 comments:

  1. Dear Diana,

    I'm celebrating the day that your amazing spirit came into this world...and mine. Celebrating the wonders of the web for the opportunity to connect with you and praising the beauty of your soul, words and heart for our connection.

    Thanks for giving me the gift of your friendship. Happy birthday ~ here's to one-of-these (birth)days that we can celebrate together! ~Cheers:raising a glass of fine red to you.

    Love,
    your 'Burgh Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. Your amazing words have powers that you may not realize. You have truly made my day. May your special day bring you family and friends and the knowledge that even from far away I think of you. Happy birthday to us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y
    and wishing a great trip until the next one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday sis to you and your dear friend!!! A person is truly blessed with good friends.

    Love you - Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had a great birthday Aunt Di. I enjoy this post. I love stories of people who differ in so many ways being brought together by one or a few similarities. I believe this is something that most of us miss. We tend to stare to long at the differences and judge rather than search for the similarities. Love you and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete