16 May 2010

The Quiet Moment

I was away this weekend and had the pleasure of a completely true quiet moment.  I sat by myself under a grape arbor in an iron chair at an iron table.  Sunlight streamed in and around grape leaves carrying the weight of grapes the size of the head of a pin.

A warm breeze, a cool drink, a journal   and a pen.  For a few moments in time, no sound but the twittering of birds overhead and the rustle of leaves.  I closed my eyes and let it wash over me.  The jumble of thoughts I'd been carrying with me all week simply gave over to clarity.  A lightness, a release, a hush.

I picked up the pen and began to write, ideas and thoughts free to spill from a clear mind.  I wrote until the sound of the laughing voices of children reminded me that there were other moments to be had that day.

1 comment:

  1. You speak my language my dear friend who finds repose betwixt her notes among laughing children. Thanks for taking a moment to refresh my moment again ☼

    ReplyDelete