15 July 2010

If I Could

#1
If I could.....
   I would make you well
   I would mend the rifts
   bring children home
   and give you peace.

#2
If I could....
   I would cross an ocean
   dance while I cook for you
   and give you the book to read
   that would tell you all my secrets

#3
If I could....
   I would go back in time
   live those days with you
   exactly as they were because
   you gave me back my life

#4
If I could....
   I would bring you back
   to those who love you most
   and spend my days
   keeping you safe

If I could....
   I would do all of this
   for you and you and you
   and you and for me
   if
   i
   could

[to the four who inhabit my thoughts tonight]

1 comment:

  1. and if I could...i would make all theses things and more possible for you, special woman.

    ReplyDelete