15 August 2010

Bon Vivant



~ Four days ~

I have been
a bon vivant.
A hedonist 
at work
or is it play?

Forced away 
from the norm
out of the routine
thrown to the wolves
sacrificed to pleasure.

Cooking-food-music-wine
talking-listening-singing
writing-sleeping-dreaming
dancing-pondering-appreciating.


Laughing until I cried
smiling until it hurt
watching from a distance
renewing face-to-face
alone and at home in a crowd.

I am the same as I was five days ago
except for....the patina of a good life on my skin
the half smile that will not leave my lips
the gift of conversations to be remembered.

I have been a bon vivant
and I hope to be again.

2 comments:

  1. I want to be a bon vivant, too!
    Tres magnifique, mon amie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A toast to life, my dear Di! A cornucopia full of ambrosia awaits for us!

    ReplyDelete