22 December 2010

Within The Bubble

I live within a bubble
an incandescent
iridescent
barrier
as sliver-thin and fragile
as one might think.

But that would be a lie.

This Bastille
against whose walls
I cast myself
tosses me back
with abandon
and will not let me out.

Immured within
this air-tight glass house
I could resign myself
to inviolability
under the aegis
of protection.

But that would be a lie.

And so, I will throw myself
against these walls
until this bubble
becomes an oubliette
with the smallest opening
by which I may escape.

4 comments:

  1. wonderful fluent write - i will throw myself against these walls as well...never stop trying

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing sense of structure and perception, to me it doesn't feel "sad" it feels more to a place of self-contemplation, and then that knowing that there will be that sense of relief or "escape", like blowing bubbles on the air, the colors drift along, and then they pop softly and spread their mist over everything. (I'm not sure, but I think in odd manners =)) but I love this!!! :) April

    ReplyDelete
  3. very emotionally strong...you have away with words

    ReplyDelete