27 May 2011

Night Shades

"Odyssey" ~ Diana Matisz

walking at night
through streets of my past
i

stumbled twice on cracks of sly hindsight
bounced softly off auras of vanishing Me's
hopped over memories embedded in stones
spun once in a current of visiting haunts

walking at night
through streets of my past
i

swallowed piquancy of light-hearted summers
stole a deep breath of old lace and lilac
heard my young laugh in a softly lit house
tucked it away in my world-weary heart

walking at night
through streets of my past

4 comments:

  1. omg Diana this is just too much for beezie tears dear sweet Lovely Diana stole a deep breath of old lace ? are you serious omg this is stunning stunning .. auras of vanishing me's....truly just beeutiful i think i found my favourite piece in all i have read .. always beez ;)zx sorry repeats of what you wrote i just am in AWE !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous29 May, 2011

    This is gorgeous, Diana... it is old, venerable yet beautiful, like an old Victorian mansion decked with fancy, antique-scented curtains. The second quatrain is by far my favorite... especially, "stole a deep breath of old lace and lilac". Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "stumbled twice on cracks of sly hindsight"--for this alone the poem is worth reading--the rest is just pleasure:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's living a full life; learning, growing - accepting what has been. It must be very sad to walk at night thru the streets of one's past and find nothing...

    ReplyDelete