16 March 2012

Easy Does It

Photograph ~ Diana Matisz

i fall in love,
easily
to the rumble of thunder
harrowing distant mountains
and the petrichor of hard rain
on hot skin

i break,
easily
beneath the lush weight
of silver-tongued desire
and the full-blown rose
of satiety

i live,
easily
in sumptuous rooms
framed in the hearts
of those who might
find me
might love me

i cry,
easily
with the banshee howl
of tethered zephyrs
with wanton joy
and the softened slurry
of latent grief

i fight,
easily
for what is mine
for what i love
for who i am

i am,
a woman
easily

5 comments:

  1. Breathtaking, every stanza, every word resonates within me. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  2. "softened slurry/of latent grief" is very fine. V 2/3 are a little blurry to my eyes. May I say that I think there is a great poem here but you need to sharpen it? With my respect x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poem Diana ~ brimming with feminine power ~ & such a tremendous final three lines ~ love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Indigo above "...every stanza, every word resonates within me." But what got me the most is the ending, the last two stanzas. Such brillance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diana, this is beyond lovely

    ReplyDelete