30 March 2012

Solace Ellipse


where
feet beat
grief
into concrete
run dizzy circles
round worry
catch up
with the past
then leave
it choking
dying slow
in dust

where
lungs
inflate
sate the crave
for tidal mud
and sweet grass
breathe air
into blood
pumped
plump
with words
inhaled
exhaled

where
errant bones
protract
adapt
to drill-sarge
muscles
barking
orders
to tendons
cringing

where
eyes cry
apple blossom
tears and lips
lick citrus
sun drops
where solace
reinvents itself
in a well-worn
pair
of shoes

[ This is where I run/walk almost every day. This spot by the river has always been good to me. It's where my thinking is done, where I bury my grief and where I breathe best. ]

4 comments:

  1. Love the wise use of vowels, which some poets abuse, but your's is clever. Plus, the alliteration makes your poem sound lyrical--nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful poem. Great to see you're posting again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow the intimacy of this hits me strong I feel also from the very beginning i am running with you .. around this path where all that has happened is and even will wears all that is within you . it is beautiful Diana .. Always beez

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Diana,
    I like your poetry.
    Concise and to the point, with the odd flutter of lyrical excess, just the way I like it best.
    And I envy you the wide open breathing area, full of fresh air. Wish I had regular access to something uncontaminated like that: my neighbours are trigger happy with chemicals, fabric softeners, bonfires and barbecues :-(

    ReplyDelete