14 August 2012

Tell Me What You Want


there was that day
when he asked me
what i want
what i
really
really
want
and my head spun
out of control
at the possibilities
raging
visions of sugar plum daddies
champagne castles
and better yet, champagne glass breasts
to fit my new body,
minus my hated curves
i'm sure he could see
the green fairy gleam
for fortune and fame
darkening my eyes
feel the sweat of ambition
and folly oiling my skin
he asked me today
what i want
what i
really
really
want
and i stretched my languid bones
the ones that fit my curves perfectly
and better yet, his hands
smiled up at him
with the devil in my eyes
and a secret on my lips
and said
cook for me
feed me with kisses
ply me with wine
tell me a story
spoon me to sleep
with your body
your voice
that's really
all i want
all i
really
really
want

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful just beautiful...bkm

    ReplyDelete
  2. sigh........♥♫♥♫♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. what sumptuous rhythm...that is my favorite kind of poem...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is definitely one of your best sis... So you, so me, so all the women who would tell the story of what they really, really want every day, giving back to the one who decides to listen the core of their being... Beautiful, simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, those basic things that are the most precious ones to us ... A poem to drown in! Did you listen to Alanis Morissette? ;-)

    ReplyDelete